Week #7
I came up with a Google Ad campaign this week:
shoes, Shoes, SHOES!
Size 4 - Size 12
A new place for you to drool
www.shoecomplex.com
I was given the suggestion, multiple times, to include something about having a sale or up my prices ridiculously high and claim some obnoxious percentage off. While I understand their points about attracting large volumes of customers, I don't necessarily want to attract large amounts of people and then get no sales and little margins on the sales I do get.
Just being another shoe website - I've got nothing unique and a swarm of competition, so that's why everyone is competing over price. Seeing as how this is my first webpage, I'm keeping my expectations pretty low. If I can get my money back for my business application fee, I'll consider myself fortunate.
One thing that I had to adjust was my idea about donating to a charity of choice. I initially wanted each purchase to have a "round up" (to the nearest dollar) button so that each purchase could donate change to a charity of choice. I wasn't able to find the code for that - so instead I told everyone on the homepage that 20% of their purchase is going to charity, and if they emailed me their charity of choice, 10% of that 20% would go to a foundation they were fond of.
No comments:
Post a Comment