Saturday, February 8, 2014

Lesson 4 Weekly Reflection

         This week I felt like a total tech newb. Building a website and having that website accept credit card payments and copying html and a small bit of coding...let's just say it was hard (for me). That and every time I see a new website theme I want to change it - thus erasing the work that I have already done and then trying to push on and do more feels like I'm not progressing as fast as I should be. Talking with my fellow classmates, I learned that there are so many different host sites, and templates, and just businesses in general that allow you do what you thought there really was only one way of doing. That opened up all sorts of possibilities for me.

          I also had my first minor set-back this week. I built my business plan around the idea that the large manufacturers would sell me just the large sizes; this was a false reality. Because of that, now I'm wondering if I should just have a "normal" shoe store. It might be a little bit easier to tackle for my first web-based business. Hopefully by the end I will have mastered the skills a little bit and have a better idea for the next brilliant idea. 

         The past part that I wanted to blog about was my little side project. Instead of just ordering shoes from somewhere, I also wanted to go to the big box stores and buy shoes and have them on inventory. I recognize that there would be more of a risk there since I'm using capital, but I think that it could still work. The other shoes I still think I'm going to use a drop-shipper for. Then the questions comes up, do I then only offer shoes, or do I build a brand and offer other types of clothing and/or accessories?


          





No comments:

Post a Comment