Thursday, January 30, 2014

Site Builders, Hosts, and Coding - Oh My!

          So this week I narrowed down my business ideas and chose a host and site builder. Using Excel, our class was given a matrix of sorts to input our ideas and calculate all of the information we found on our topics from Google Analytic and Keyword Planner tools. Sometimes I don't think about that kind of information being out there - but it is.

          I compared three different sites: Yola, Webstarts, and Wix. Because I was brand new to this process, I didn't know too much about them at first - but then I figured out what I wanted and needed for my up-and-coming business and these three seemed to have a lot of great benefits like bandwidth, storage space, phone and online help etc.

          I started messing around with Webstarts, and ended up buying a ton of ad-on's that I'll need later on in my development. So I called their customer support staff and THEY BLEW ME AWAY! They were so thorough and made sure everything was handled, and better. Just because of that one experience, I'm a fan. Plus it has all these great features like credits to start advertising campaigns, free custom domain names, unlimited webpages, and was very search engine friendly.

          For my business readings, I finished The E Myth Revisited. The way that Michael Gerber re-engineered the way I thought about small businesses was truly impressive. His focus is to create a massive system that generates the results you want and then replicate it. From the vision to the manifestation, the advice and examples in it were very thorough. I don't think I've ever ear-marked a book so much. Gerber gave an example on page 180 that struck a cord with me. "...no longer interested in working in their business. They are now focused on developing a business that works." Basically creating a model of ideas, efficiency, and work - and then you have a business.

No comments:

Post a Comment