Thursday, January 16, 2014

Week One

         This week I had to learn how to identify correct business models and choose a start-up, online business. The most common is the merchant model where the company has a stockpile of products it wants to sell either with a brick-and-mortar, or a web store front. Selling ad space is a good idea if you can promote your website or store front to gain additional revenue and gain more exposure. 

         One of the most important things I've learned how to do this week is use the tools that Google has set up through ad-words and keyword planner. It's incredible the amount of information you can find out through internet searches. When it comes to my business though, I wonder if it's wise to start in something that's already competitive as far as the traffic goes, or try and create a new category (or product or service) and build demand and traffic through promotion and advertising. 

         This video helped me understand the information best:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-ToN1Tw7io

          I've been reading a few books to help me understand what I'm doing (or about to do). The One Minute Entrepreneur - The E Myth Revisited - Start-up Weekend - & Visionary Business. So far I've read the first two and the tidbits of wisdom that I'm absorbing is encouraging me to re-read them because I'm sure there's more in them that I've missed. 

          

No comments:

Post a Comment